safer, healthier, and more knowledgeable
Calgary has countless buildings with poor ventilation that are susceptible to toxic mold infestations. At Clean Air Services Inc., we offer safe and effective mold control. No matter how huge the mold problem is, we can remove it effectively and efficiently. Mold can appear as dark and unsightly stains on any area of your property, such as the basement, kitchen, flooring and attic. However, the appearance of mold is just the tip of the iceberg. Mold releases harmful spores and bacteria on your property that can both cause structural damage and negatively impact the health of those who come in regular contact with it.
What makes mold especially harmful is its ability to grow in any area that provides moisture and inadequate air circulation. Failing to deal with a mold infestation at the right time can cost you your property. For our mold control in Calgary, please speak to us now.
Mold is a fungus that grows in conditions where there is poor ventilation and high humidity. Mold exposure can irritate the nose, coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath. It can lead to allergic reactions in some and make the symptoms of asthma worse. In toddlers and young children, mold can even cause bleeding in the lungs.
People that suffer from suppressed immune systems are especially at risk of the dangers of mold. People with conditions such as diabetes and pregnant women are more likely to suffer the effects of mold exposure.
Learn more about our other services and mold control in Calgary today!
Many home and business owners think they can treat and remove mold from their property, but only professional mold remediation experts should attempt to combat mold. A home or business owner should not:
• Clean mold
Proper care must be taken to protect the cleaners, building occupants and to minimize the migration of mold spores from the affected surface areas to other areas of your home or business.
• Disturb mold growth
Visible mold should not be disturbed. If areas of mold growth are disturbed, mold spores may become airborne and enter the breathable air. Inhalation of mold spores by building occupants could result in a variety of adverse health effects.
• Use biocides
Clean Air Services Inc. does not advocate the use of biocides in homes or buildings. Biocides kill the viability of mold spores, but they do not remove the toxic properties of mold.
• Dry moldy areas
It is not always advisable to dry mold infected buildings. By drying out mold, you are removing part of its sustainability and food source. If this is done too quickly prior to removal of the mold infected materials, mold spores could become airborne, one of mold’s most effective survival mechanisms.
Clean Air Services Inc. offers laboratory testing of materials to determine the amount of mold present in buildings throughout Alberta. Contact us now to learn more!