Providing Safe Asbestos Abatement in Calgary
When done incorrectly the removal of asbestos can disturb and release thousands of harmful fibres into the air. This job is not one that should be done by yourself, but instead should be done by a trained and qualified professional. At Clean Air Services, we provide safe asbestos abatement in Calgary to ensure these harmful fibres are contained, cleaned up properly and any materials used are disposed of in a safe manner. Our entire team is trained to follow Canada’s strict regulations and the Alberta Asbestos Abatement Manual. Call us today to learn more about our abatement services. On this page you will find more information about how we work to keep your family safe during the abatement and removal process.
We are equipped with the following equipment to help us safely clean up and dispose of asbestos materials:
- Vacuum cleaner fitted with a HEPA filter
- Polyethylene drop sheets with a minimum of six millimeter thickness
- Labelled asbestos disposal bags with six millimeter thickness
- Spray bottle or hand pump garden sprayer to wet asbestos before removal
- Barriers and warning signs to thoroughly mark the area
- Hand powered tools for abatement work
- Mops, rags and water for cleanup
- Fire extinguisher
- Appropriate first aid kit
Strict work procedures must be followed in order to ensure harmful fibres are not released into the air. We adhere by all of the following during our asbestos abatement in Calgary:
- Before beginning removal, localized wetting of the material must be done in order to minimize fibre release. Dry removal of asbestos materials is not allowed.
- All visible dust is removed from work surfaces with a damp cloth or a vacuum cleaner fitted with a HEPA filter.
- Plastic drop sheets are used when necessary to prevent the spread of asbestos dust and fibres to other work areas.
- If cutting, shaping or drilling of a non-friable asbestos product is required, the product must be wetted whenever possible to minimize fibre release. If the material cannot be wetted, the work is classified as a moderate risk and the proper procedures must be followed.
- Eating, drinking, smoking and chewing gum are not permitted at the work site expect for in a designated clean area. Workers are required to remove protective equipment and clothing as well as clean their hands before entering this area.
Once work is completed, the area has to be decontaminated thoroughly to remove any dust or fibres that have settled during the abatement process. We ensure that all of the following is completed:
- During and immediately following the completion of work any dust and waste must be removed using a vacuum with a HEPA filter, by wet sweeping or damp mopping. Drop sheets should also be wetted, folded in on themselves to contain the dust and properly bagged and disposed of as asbestos waste.
- Compressed air should never be used to clean up or remove dust from work surfaces and clothing. Use only the appropriate vacuum or wet sweeping techniques.
- Any non-disposable clothing contaminated with asbestos is required to be laundered following proper procedures and any footwear must be thoroughly decontaminated.
Call Us Now for Asbestos Abatement in Calgary
If you believe your home or business may have materials containing asbestos, call us now to get professional asbestos abatement in Calgary. Our team is fully trained to follow all safety precautions and proper procedures. We will remove the materials and contain the fibres to one area before thoroughly cleaning any dust and debris. Give us a call today to schedule your removal service.