Mold Removal and Remediation for Calgary
Clean Air Services proudly provides mold removal for Calgary residents. Depending upon the type of mold you have present, there are various methods used when it comes to mold removal. A home contaminated by mold usually requires a professional inspection, mold identification, remediation and air quality testing. Once we’ve pinpointed the type of mold you have and its source, we’ll develop a mold removal plan tailored to your specific needs. Removing mold from your home or business now can help you avoid more costly issues down the road.
10 Things You Should Know about Mold
The Clean Air Services team believes there are 10 things you should know about mold growth in your home or business:
- Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mold exposure include allergic reactions, asthma and other respiratory complaints.
- There is no practical way to remove all mold and mold spores in an indoor environment. One way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.
- If mold is a problem in your home or building, you must clean up the mold and eliminate the source of moisture.
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent more mold growth.
- Reduce indoor hair humidity (to 30-60%) to decrease mold growth by venting bathrooms, dryers and other moisture-generating sources to the outside. You can also use dehumidifiers, increase ventilation and using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing or cleaning.
- Clean and dry damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent future mold growth.
- Clean mold off hard surfaces with water and detergent and dry it completely. Absorbent materials like ceiling tiles that have become harbours for mold may need to be replaced.
- Prevent condensation by reducing its potential on cold surfaces (like windows, piping, exterior walls, roofs or floors) by adding insulation.
- In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, do not install carpeting on concrete floors with leaks or frequent condensation.
- Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance as long as moisture is present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods.
Contact Calgary’s Mold Removal Experts
Mold removal is usually best left in the hands of trained, experienced professionals such as Clean Air Services because you should follow several safety precautions when dealing with mold. Treating mold with household chemicals is often ineffective and may cause the mold to spread even worse. If left unchecked, mold can cause structural damage to your home or business and negatively impact your health. If you’re in need of Calgary mold removal, don’t delay. Contact Alberta’s trusted experts at Clean Air Services today!